Revised February 21, 2023
California Resident Privacy Notice Addendum
Company adopts this privacy addendum to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended and modified, including the regulations adopted thereunder and pursuant to the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively, the “CCPA”). Certain information may be excluded from the CCPA's scope because it is subject to protection under federal law.
This privacy addendum applies to a California resident’s interaction and communication with Company, including in person, by phone, through mail or email or through the website www.viterra.us and other Company-owned and/or operated websites, mobile sites, mobile applications or social media accounts (collectively, our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Collection of Personal Information
Various identifiers, including, name, address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), including, telephone numbers or financial information.
Commercial information, including, records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Biometric information, including, behavioral characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information.
Internet or other similar network activity, including, browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data in order to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer our Site.
•Geolocation data, including, physical location or movements.
Sensory data, including, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information, including, current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Educational information, including, transcript, student records, grades and performance, activities, school name or school ID.
Inferences drawn from other personal information, including, profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Protected classification characteristics, including, race, color, national origin, marital status, sex, veteran or military status.
Personal records, such as family history or power of attorney.
Information received from a government entity or other third party.
Company may collect the above categories of Personal Information directly from you, indirectly as you interact with our Site, from or through other third party sources, including Company's customers, affiliates or service providers, or through email or other electronic messages between you and our Site.
Collection of Sensitive Personal Information
In addition to the categories of Personal Information Company may collect from you disclosed above, Company may collect the following categories of sensitive Personal Information:
- Social Security or other state identification number
- Account log-in in combination with required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account
How We Collect Your Information
Company may collect the above categories of Personal Information (including sensitive Personal Information) directly from you, indirectly as you interact with our Site, from or through other third party sources, including Company’s customers, affiliates or service providers, or through email or other electronic messages between you and our Site.
Retention of Your Information
We will retain your personal information, including sensitive personal information, for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. In certain cases, personal information may be kept for an extended period of time in order to comply with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, in accordance with CCPA.
Disclosure of Your Information
Company has not sold or shared and will not sell or share California residents’ Personal Information (including sensitive Personal Information), as such terms are defined under CCPA. Company does not use your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising. Additionally, Company does not use California residents’ sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about California residents or for any other use not expressly permitted under the CCPA.
California Resident Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights regarding their Personal Information:
- Access to Personal Information and Data Portability Rights. The right to request that Company disclose certain Personal Information to you about Company’s collection, use, disclosure and sale of your Personal Information. Once Company receives and confirms your verifiable request, we may disclose to you pursuant to the terms of your request: the categories of Personal Information collected, the sources collected from, the purpose for collection, the categories of third parties shared with, and the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Deletion Request Rights. The right to request Company delete any of your Personal Information we’ve collected from you and retained (subject to exceptions granted under law). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your Personal Information records, unless an exception applies.
- Correction Request Rights. The right to request that Company correct your Personal Information that we’ve collected about you and retained. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will correct your Personal Information records.
- Right to Not be Discriminated Against. The right to not receive discriminatory treatment by Company for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred under California law. Company will not discriminate against a California resident for exercising any of his or her rights under applicable California law.
- Opt-Out of Cros-Contextual Behavioral Advertising. You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of your Personal Information with a third party for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to the rights under the CCPA, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Exercising Your California Resident Rights
To exercise a request described above, a California resident may submit a verifiable consumer request to:
CCPA Request or via our toll-free number: +1 (877) 346-1797
Only a California resident, or someone legally authorized to act on such California resident’s behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to his or her Personal Information. In connection with submitting a request, Company may require you to provide the following information: name, email, phone number and address. In general, Company has the right to require you to provide written permission granting authority to your representative and for your agent to verify its identity directly with us, and we may deny a request from your representative who does not submit proof of authorization as we request.
The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows Company to reasonably verify the requestor is the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative and describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Company cannot respond to a request or provide Personal Information if we cannot verify the identity or authority to make the request.
Company will endeavor to confirm receipt of a request within 10 days following submission and provide information about how we will process the request. Company will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will provide notice in writing explaining the reason for the extended time period.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require a California resident to create an account with us. We may deliver our written response through an account with Company (if you have one) or through mail or electronically, at your option.
If we deny a request, we will provide a response explaining the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Do-Not Track Signals
Do-Not-Track signals are certain consumer browser settings that request that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. While our Site does not currently recognize Do-Not-Track signals, Company does not track activities that occur on websites other than our own and declining to accept cookies will ensure that online activities on our Site is not tracked.
Changes to This Privacy Addendum
This privacy addendum may change from time to time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to this privacy addendum on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our California residents’ Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on our Site’s home page. Your continued use of our Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. The date this privacy addendum was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Site and this privacy addendum to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy addendum and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.